EJBRM has published two issues a year since 2002, with a general issue and a special issue. The general issue contains papers submitted in response to a call for papers. Papers can be submitted at any time and an issue is published once a minimum of six papers have been accepted for publication. These papers are reviewed by the Editor and those selected for inclusion are submitted to a double-blind peer review by members of the Reviewer Committee. On the basis of these reviews, the Editor then either:
- Accepts the paper for publication with no changes
- Accepts the paper for publication with only minor, editorial changes
- Accepts the paper for publication provided it is amended in line with the reviewers comments
- Recommends a more major re-write and offers the chance to resubmit for consideration in another issue
- Rejects the paper as unsuitable for publication
- In all instances, reviewers' comments are passed to the authors.
The special issue contains papers selected from the European Conference Research Methods. The final selection is made by the Editor, with assistance from the Programme Chair and the Session Chairs of the Conference. These papers have already been reviewed for the conference and are not subjected to additional review, unless substantial changes are requested by the Editor or an additional review is requested by the author(s). However authors are expected to develop the original work and are given an additional word count to facilitate this.
The journal also publishes book/conference reviews and these are welcomed at any time.
There are no charges to access the journal on screen or by printing or downloading the papers.
The journal is one of 5 academic journals published by Academic Publishing Limited. For information on the other journals please visit